Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Most Important Frugal Friday Tip You Will Ever Read


While the tone of my blog will generally be practical but humorous, this post is as serious as a heart attack. I can say with confidence that this is the most important Frugal Friday tip you have ever or will ever read. My tip is simply this: Don't make ANY decisions involving money unless both you and your spouse have prayed about it first and are in agreement to move forward. If your spouse is not a believer, you pray about it but still do not move forward unless your spouse is in agreement. My husband and I would not be in the mess we are in if we had followed this advice from the beginning of our marriage to this day.

I think my husband learned a long time ago that the easiest way to navigate our marriage was to go along with me and keep his mouth shut. Because I generally had our family's best interests in mind, he usually agreed with whatever I decided. If he didn't agree, he most often kept his mouth shut and silently refused to cooperate. Agressive wives of passive husbands will recognize this pattern. I see now that for all the times I was so frustrated with my husband for either refusing to cooperate with my brilliant plan or refusing to "be the man of the house," the wise woman would have simply stepped out of the way and waited for God to nudge her husband into action. No action, better known as waiting on the Lord, is better than jumping feet first into a woman-lead plan that is doomed to failure.

I am so thankful to serve a God whose blessings truly are "new every morning." I am looking forward to Him redeeming the years the locust has eaten. My husband and I will move forward at His lead, and we will do it together.

For more Frugal Friday tips, visit Biblical Womanhood.


1 comment:

  1. We're in the same boat, but about 5x as much :( Good communication certainly does help!! Good luck, I'm sure God will guide you.

    ReplyDelete