Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Can We Live on Half of an Already Small Income?

I hate working. I don't hate work, I just hate leaving my home and family of six children (including the most expensive one who is away at college) to go work for someone else just so we can have more stuff. OK, well maybe food and clothing and shelter don't count as stuff, but it seems like we have a lot more possessions than we need. I also feel called by God to come home again. My husband agrees that we can try, so we are going to try living on my husband's income while using my income to pay of $20,000 in debt. Here's the deal. After paying the very basic bills of mortgage, gas and electricity, water, and phone, we have about $1200 per month to live on. Twelve hundred dollars to cover food, clothing, car expenses, medical expenses, homeschooling, travel......everything.

Can we do it? Stay tuned to find out.



No comments:

Post a Comment